A boot knife is a tool for people who perform utility work. It gets its name because the boot knife enthusiasts like to carry it around in their boots. This knife is usually famous among military men, police officers, campers, hunters, and self defense fanatics. Companies like the Cold Steel Knives, Blackjack Knives and Parker Brothers are some of the leading manufacturers and they only provide the best boot knife money can buy.
These industries are known to use exceptionally good quality of steel, rubber, and wood in the crafting of their knives. While buying a boot knife it is very important to know what makes a competent knife. Hence, here in this article we have listed out some of the best boot knives available in the market, and a few points which you need to examine before buying your perfect match.
How to choose the Best Boot Knife
- Size: The best boot knife is always small and compact. This ensures that the knife is versatile and convenient to carry around and easy to take out if needed.
- Knife Blade: The blade is yet another important thing which you should keep in mind while buying the knife. The blade is something which decides the durability of the knife. In a good boot knife the blade should be double, should have a sharp tip to ensure easy penetration, and it should be accompanied by a sheath and a cover for the tip.
- Brand: Always do your research before buying a knife. Take note of the top notch manufactures as well as the type of material they use to make their products.
- Blade Steel: The type of steel used for carving the blade is important.
- Shape: Also, the shape and material the handle is made of, also plays an important role.
Smith & Wesson SWHRT9B
The smith & Wesson knives are one of the best boot knives available in the market. These knives are distinctively opted by professionals and a wide range of knife enthusiasts. Its light weight makes it very convenient to carry it around in one’s boot or pocket. It weighs just 7.7 ounces and comes along with a leather sheath which makes it even more comfortable to transport.
The blade of this knife has been coated with stainless steel. The double edged spear point blade is perfect for any type of task at hand, be it skinning, cutting or general utility tasks.
The black handle which has been carved from aluminium, provides an excellent grip. It ensures this grip is maintained even in wet or slippery conditions. All the qualities of this knife add up to make it a perfect choice for all knife enthusiasts and so makes it on our best boot knife guide.